Saturday 11th April – at the Run Mucker Run challenge event in Ballymoney
We need fit volunteers to help out if anyone gets stuck and needs a bit of a push or a pull on the way round. It will be a fantastic event and our volunteers will play an invaluable role encouraging and cheering the participants around a tough, challenging course. The aim, of course, is to raise vital funds for our wonderful work supporting cancer patients in Northern Ireland.
Monday 4th May – cheer on the runners at the Belfast Marathon
Don’t want to run but want to be part of the atmosphere? We’d love you to come along and cheer on the Cancer Focus NI runners, hand out sweets and drinks and keep them going along the route. It’s great fun – a real buzz.
Saturday 20th June – collect along the route of the Gran Fondo Cycle Race.
Help us raise vital funds at this exciting event in Belfast throughout the day.
Saturday 4th July – collect at the Tall Ships Event in Belfast
See the Tall Ships close up, soak up the atmosphere and help us raise funds with our collection.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer with us. Our work is currently supported by 350 volunteers from all walks and stages of life but we are always looking for more help. Your contribution is highly valued – you bring knowledge, skills and experience – and your dedication and commitment to our work is essential to our success. You can download our Volunteering leaflet here.
Our volunteers include students and those currently between jobs who want to broaden their skills, retired people who have a wealth of life skills to offer and everyone in between. You don’t need specific skills or qualifications – the most important requirements are enthusiasm, a desire to support our work and some free time.
We can never have too many volunteers! If you choose to volunteer with us you will be joining a dedicated team of people making a difference to the lives of countless people in Northern Ireland.
How much time do I need to offer?
It’s up to you and depends on what you would like to do. Many of our volunteering roles are flexible and we’re happy to discuss with you how much you want to be involved.
How else can I help?
We’re recruiting for the following roles:
- Volunteer Driver - Transporting patients from their home to hospital appointments.
- Bucket Collector – Cancer Focus NI is the charity partner for Dobbies Garden Centre, Lisburn, in 2015 and we need lots of help with collections and events.
- Retail Assistant – Do you like meeting new people or want to gain key work skills? We need volunteers in our 11 charity shops to help us raise vital funds to support our work.
- Cancer Focus Champion - help us inform your local community about our work and support services. We need you to distribute leaflets, attend information and health events in your area.
- Family Support Volunteer – Our Family Support Service helps children and family members cope when a parent or close relative gets cancer. You can help us organise games and activities or provide more specialist support for bereaved children and young people.
- Beauty Therapist - if you’re qualified to NVQ level 2 in Beauty Therapy, you could join our Beauty for Life team in the Belfast and Mid Ulster areas.
- Community Health Promotion - if you are qualified in health promotion and want to gain some practical experience help us take our cancer prevention messages into the local community.
If you’re aged between 16 and 25 why not become a Millennium Volunteer- Learn new skills, gain experience to add to your CV and receive nationally recognised awards backed by the Department of Education.
Want to get involved but not sure how? Just subscribe to our fortnightly email and keep updated . Take part in activities when it fits for you. To subscribe to our update, or for more information, just give Morag a call on 028 9066 3281 or email email@example.com.
Or you can print off our Volunteer Application Form, complete it and send it in.