Why not join our fundraising teams at Dobbies Garden Centre, Lisburn , or at Sainsbury’s in Newry?
As charity partner for Dobbies in Lisburn and Sainsbury’s in Newry during 2015/ 2016, we will be fundraising with bucket collections and events on Saturdays and Sundays each month and need volunteers who can help out regularly for a couple of hours once or twice a month. We’d love your help!
AND – if you’re aged between 16 and 25 and are working towards your Millenium Volunteer awards – it’s a perfect way to build up your volunteering hours.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone can volunteer with us. Our work is currently supported by 350 volunteers from all walks and stages of life but we are always looking for more help. Your contribution is highly valued – you bring knowledge, skills and experience – and your dedication and commitment to our work is essential to our success.
You can download our Volunteering leaflet here. Our volunteers include students and those currently between jobs who want to broaden their skills, retired people who have a wealth of life skills to offer and everyone in between.
You don’t need specific skills or qualifications – the most important requirements are enthusiasm, a desire to support our work and some free time. We can never have too many volunteers! If you choose to volunteer with us you will be joining a dedicated team of people making a difference to the lives of countless people in Northern Ireland.
How much time do I need to offer?
It’s up to you and depends on what you would like to do. Many of our volunteering roles are flexible and we’re happy to discuss with you how much you want to be involved.
How else can I help?
We’re recruiting for the following roles:
- Volunteer Driver – Transporting patients from their home to hospital appointments.
- Bucket Collector – Cancer Focus NI is the charity partner for Dobbies Garden Centre, Lisburn, in 2015 and we need lots of help with collections and events.
- Retail Assistant – Do you like meeting new people or want to gain key work skills? We need volunteers in our 11 charity shops to help us raise vital funds to support our work.
- Cancer Focus Champion – help us inform your local community about our work and support services, and provide cancer prevention advice to local people. We need you to distribute leaflets and attend information and health events in your area.
- Family Support Volunteer – Our Family Support Service helps children and family members cope when a parent or close relative gets cancer. You can help us organise games and activities or provide more specialist support for bereaved children and young people.
- Beauty Therapist – if you’re qualified to NVQ level 2 in Beauty Therapy, you could join our Beauty for Life team in the Belfast and Mid Ulster areas.
Fitting Service Volunteer – support women after breast surgery by volunteering with our specialise bra and swimwear fitting service.
Donation Box Collector – help us by delivering and collecting donation boxes from local businesses. Once every 2-3 months.
If you’re aged between 16 and 25 why not become a Millennium Volunteer – learn new skills, gain experience to add to your CV and receive nationally recognised awards backed by the Department of Education.
Want to get involved but not sure how? Just subscribe to our fortnightly email and keep updated . Take part in activities when it fits for you. To subscribe to our update, or for more information, just give Morag a call on 028 9066 3281 or email email@example.com. Or you can print off our Volunteer Application Form, complete it and send it in.