Cancer information and support helpline
We believe that it helps to talk – especially when it comes to concerns about cancer. We’re the only local cancer charity to provide a free helpline for patients, your family members or friends, as well as members of the public – in fact any of you who may have concerns, questions or issues about any aspect of cancer.
We’re here to help you when you need us:
- Information about your type of cancer
- Help to understand, or make sense of, information you have been given about your specific cancer
- Help to talk to your children about your cancer
- Support when your partner, mum, dad or close family member has cancer
- Information about what services can offer you support
- Information about practical issues, such as who will take care of you or how you can deal with financial concerns
- Advice for concerns about health changes or symptoms in yourself or a family member
- General information about cancer and how to reduce your risk of developing it
- Guidance to help you stop smoking – call our Smokers’ Helpline on 0808 812 8008.
When you phone us your call will be answered by a nurse who has specific expertise in helping people with concerns about cancer. We’ll provide information and support, to best meet your needs, in a friendly and easily understood way.
Our free helpline number is 0800 783 3339
Calls are taken Monday – Friday between 9am and 1pm. Alternatively you can:
- Email our nurses directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to access our community forum, Health Unlocked